Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wednesday and Game Day

I slept fairly well last night although I was up a couple of times in the night to drink water or go to the bathroom. I must have slept with my mouth open at least part of the time for my mouth to get so dry. Finally at 5:00AM, I just got up and made the bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will get my hair done at 9:00AM this morning and then go to the library in Coffeyville to return a book and read until  time to go to game day at the senior center at 2:00PM.

I got the "weather on the 8's" shortly after 5:00AM this morning. I haven't checked for Blondie  yet because it's only 5:8AM now and probably way too early for him. I will post the weather for the week here.

Today is to be 91 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 93 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Sunday is t be 92 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny,  and Tuesday is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week...not much different from yesterday's forecast. Plenty hot..and no rain.

More Later.. 

I took my walk and picked up several pieces of trash. I put it in my trash receptacle when I got back home. 

I also took the book I finished last evening back to the Caney library and dropped it in the book drop.

The doorbell rang as I was typing this and it was Sally Love. One of her daughters died of breast cancer and I had told her about the dilemma of my niece. She brought a book she had from her experience and wants me to take it to Denise, my niece, and give it to her. She is going through that now. I will take it to her after I get my hair done this morning.

More Later...

When I got to Coffeyville, I went to the bank to get the money for my hair. Then I stopped at Sonic and bought myself a cherry limeade slush. I drank some of that while I waited for my appointment. Then Toni did my hair and I dropped by the library and dropped the Coffeyville library book in their book drop. I went out to Woodshed and bought a tank of gas. I was very nearly out altogether.

Then I took Sally's book and paper by Denise's place and she and I visited awhile and I told her about Sally wanting her to have the book and paper with the article in it. She agreed to read them. She was impressed by Sally's wanting to let her have them.

Then I went to the senior center and when everyone came we played Skip Bo. We played a couple of hours and then I went by Marilyn's and visited awhile. I gave her the rest of my treats from the treat break.

More Later... 

I then came on home and read awhile and later, closer to 7:00PM, I took my bath. Then I got back to the latest book. I read until 8:00PM and prepared to read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

If it's halfway decent tomorrow toward noon, I will mow the west yard. Then I will see if Sally wants to go to lunch..

No comments: