Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday and A Stop at Caney's Library

I woke up very early again at 4:20AM this morning and again couldn't get back to sleep. 

I finally got up and transferred some money from my savings account to my checking account so I would have plenty in the checking account to pay an upcoming bill. Scott Mills is going to put a new back up mirror frame in the rider's side of my car. After I hit the garage door frame with that mirror, the mirror was replaced fine but the frame it fit in was still dented. So Scott Mills is going to put a new mirror frame on my car when it comes in. That's the bill I want to pay. Luckily there was plenty of money in my savings account to accommodate paying that bill. I am trying to keep my car as nice as I can for as long as I can. It and my furniture is all I have.

I had my oil changed yesterday at Main Street Auto and Tire and that cost me $47.15. But the life of the oil was down to 30% according to the gauge on the dash and it needed to be changed. 

And I went over to Coffeyville yesterday to return a book I had checked out there on Wednesday at the Coffeyville library. Our library here at Caney was not open when I got my car back yesterday. They have strange and different hours. 

I also needed to go out to Walmart there and get some more coffee cake mix for Sunday's breakfasts at church and also some flavored water to drink here at home. I try never to drink Caney's water. It has some strange chemicals in it and is not considered drinkable. And  now I saw in the chronicle that Caney's grocery market is closing.

And I needed to go to the bank and get some cash for the week too. Unfortunately the ATM machine at the bank was down...again. So I went to the police and fire department building there on 11th street and used their ATM machine. It was either that one or the one way out on northeast street. The bank needs to get a new ATM machine. The one at the bank drive-through seldom works.

While I was there in Coffeyville, I filled up my car with gas at their Conoco station. I am no longer going out to South Coffeyville to get the cheaper gas. Their pumps no longer accept debit cards. In fact they won't work at all unless you push a button on a pole next to the pump. It's not worth dealing with any more.

I also stopped at the US Cellular store and had them check out my phone. It has been ringing sporadically at best. I don't know if they fixed it or not. Anyhow they tried.

I will try to get to the Caney library today to get a couple of new books to read. 

Here are their hours:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12PM to 6:00PM

Tuesday 12 PM till 6:00 PM, 

Thursday 8:00AM till 2:00 PM

Saturday 8:00AM till 2:00 PM

Closed Sunday...

More Later...It's 7:14AM here now. 

I hope the grass will be dry today. I would like to at least get started on my mowing for the week. 

It's 6:49AM now and I just opened the door to see Grey waiting for his breakfast. So I fixed him a fresh breakfast and he ate and left. Soon Whitey came for breakfast too and I added some more fresh food. She/he is eating now. 

More Later..I also have the "weather on the 8's" and here it is:

Today is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 63 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 65 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 70 degrees and sunny,  Tuesday is to be 76 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 71 degrees and mostly cloudy. Thursday is to be 72 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. That's the week...One day of rain and that's Thursday. Otherwise..cloudy.

The grass is still wet so I can't mow it unless it dries during the day. I will check on it later on.  

I checked the yard about an hour later and it was dry so I mowed the front and part of the west side....maybe half of it. Maybe I can finish the west side and do the back tomorrow if it doesn't rain. The back is smaller then either the front or the west side. The only day we are supposed to  get rain is Thursday. 

I did clean the apartment and mop the floors and vacuum. I will dust later...

I never did get up to the library. I had better go now if I am going to get something to read, It is 1:00PM now.

I checked out two books. That should hold me for awhile...at least a couple of days. 

More Even Later.. 

I also finished my mowing. I got the west side finished and the back and then I trimmed everything. It's done for another week!

I feel like I did a good thorough job too. I not only mowed the rest of the yard west side as well as the back and trimmed it all but I cleaned the apartment too. I both mopped and vacuumed. I even read a little between jobs. I got a lot done today. Maybe I will sleep better tonight. It's only 4:53 PM though so I have the entire evening ahead of me.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Maybe all that mowing exercise will help you sleep better tonight.

DrumMajor said...

You are such a kind angel to open up your kitty-cat made-to-order restaurant every morning. I'm sure they appreciate your kindness! Linda in Kansas