Thursday, May 16, 2024

Thursday and Rain

 It rained most of the night, I heard thunder off and on all night. Somehow I managed to get some sleep and was up at 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast bar and started on my Chai Latte.

When I opened the front door, Grey was there waiting for his breakfast so I fixed it for him and he ate and left. I brought the dish in the kitchen and will fix it again when and if Blondie and Whitey come to eat. At 8:00AM. when Dollar General opens I will need to get some more wet cat food.

Blondie and Whitey both eventually came for their food and they ate and I took the bowls back in the kitchen.. safe from the neighborhood dogs who tend to walk off with them . I have replaced them three times.

Now I have "the weather on the 8's" and I will post it here.

Today is to be 74 degrees and scattered thunderstorms Tomorrow is to be  81 degrees and mostly cloudy, Saturday is to be 86 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 83 degrees and Thunderstorms and Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and sunny. That's the week! Two days of thunderstorms..today and Tuesday. Maybe I can mow on Sunday afternoon, next Monday or next Wednesday and avoid the rain. 

More Later.. 

The rain has cleared up now.  I have been reading most of the morning. I did go to Independence to the Dairy Queen and had my ice cream and chicken and french fries for dinner. Then I went to their Wal Mart up there and bought three wreathes for the cemetery on Memorial Day on May 27th. That week I will go to Coffeyville to the cemetery an decorate three different graves...the Pitcock graves bought by my great grandfather Pitcock and has the graves of my grandmother, my grandfather, great grandmother, my great grandfather and my Aunt Mildred, My mom and dad's and step father's and my Bob's dad, Jiggs, who was killed in a plane crash in 1955. Their graves are across the road from the Pitcock graves. Bob's mother died when he was two years old and he was raised by Aunt Dolly, who was really not an aunt at all...just considered by her to be his aunt. She took him to raise when she was in her 70's. She did their laundry and ironing. ..A remarkable woman. Jiggs paid her to do that.

I don't want to decorate the graves too early or someone might take the flowers. Some people do those things...unfortunately.   

More Even Later..

No comments: