Saturday, July 12, 2008

Busy Saturday


It's been a busy Saturday...some of it just goofing off. :)

After the regular morning routine, we went out to garage sales for awhile.

Afterward we went to the church to cut some pyracantha bushes back away from the windows in the primary classrooms. I noticed there were a few bugs around on the floor in the foyer ( our church is in the country) but since we had our hands full, I didn't do anything about it. After we got the bushes cut back and I drug them down into the draw, we raked and shoveled some dirt around the back sidewalk.

After we came home for lunch, I went back to do some cleaning. This is July cleanup month and the congregation is supposed to help with the yearly projects. My sister and brother-in-law have done some work out there but so far we are the only ones who have...except that I noticed the storage rooms were nice and neat and I called my daughter to see if she had also done some cleaning. She was surprised. She hadn't cleaned the storage rooms either. She had signed up to do them. So we have a good fairy who did that work. It's either Phyllis F., Carletta D., of Karan N. I don't know which.

I preach tomorrow so I also spent some time on my sermon. It's a difficult subject to tie into the scripture. The scripture is from Romans 8: 1 - 11. Paul is very negative and the theme from the lectionary is "Set Your Mind on Life and Peace". It may be a struggle. We are a peace church so it won't be hard for me to speak to the subject...just hard to tie it into Paul's negative scripture.

No comments: