Saturday, July 19, 2008

Garage Sales

Today, Bob and I decided to take in some garage sales. Sometimes we can find some real bargains there. Sometimes these people don't know the treasures they are setting out in a garage sale. Over the years, I have bought a lot of candlewick there. It is no longer being made and I have had mine since the 70's. This time, however, we found nothing of value.

I read my latest book this afternoon. It is called "The Brain that Changes Itself" and it is a fascinating book. I recommend it to anyone. Then I took a nap....something I very seldom do.

A little while ago, I cut Bob's hair. I have cut his hair for years. He seems to like my haircuts and he says he always gets the same haircut from me. He can never depend on barbers to do that.

This evening we are going to Tavern on the Plaza for dinner. We like to go there on Saturday evenings. The food is always good and there is great atmosphere.

So, for some reason, we have had another slow Saturday.

No comments: