Monday, July 14, 2008

Tasteless and Dangerous


One of the most tasteless cartoons I have ever seen is one on todays copy of The New Yorker. It depicts Obama and his wife Michele in the Oval Office, he done up as Muslim and she as a terrorist. Don't these people know that most people don't get satire? The ignorant masses will take it all seriously. Don't you know Karl Rove is laughing behind his hand? In this shortened version you can't see the burning American flag on the floor but it's there.
It may backfire on those who planned it since the entire thing is all over the internet today.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, I think that cartoon is just horrible! That is all that is on the news today. Thanks for the link for the video. I was able to copy and paste it. I watched the entire thing and could not believe his arrogance. He does not have a clue and sounds like someone insane. He said, "History will judge what he is about." I am sure it will!!!!!!!!!!!

Margie's Musings said...

That is true, Judy. It will judge him to be the worst president ever.

Sansego said...

I don't know how I would've reacted had I seen the magazine in a bookstore before the controversy.

I appreciate good satire, but I think they blew it with this one. It only reinforces all the misperceptions some people have about Obama. Americans aren't known to be the smartest people on the planet, so "The New Yorker" editors should've known this cartoon would not go over well.