Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Daughter's New Home


We went out to Leslie and John's last night to see if the footings for their new home were dug yesterday. Sure enough..they were. They are so excited! They have been married 33 years and this is their first new home. A couple of years after they were married, they bought a double wide mobile home as a starter home. They have been living in it ever since. It has been a constant upkeep problem. The water lines break from time to time and our poor son in law has to climb under the house and fix the pipes. There have been numerous problems over the years as there always is with any home but this was a losing battle. Double wides are just not meant to last a lifetime.

I will be updating their progress from time to time. This is a picture of our son-in-law, John, daughter, Leslie and my husband, Bob out at the home site last night.

2 comments:

Judy said...

How wonderful to be getting a new house after all the troubles they had with the old one. I know they are really excited. Your swing looks so good. That is something I need to get for my yard. I bet I would really enjoy it. Your dessert sounds yummy. I made a blackberry cobbler with the berries from Amish country and I can't stay out of it!

Margie's Musings said...

Oh Wow! I'll bet that cobbler is yummy!

I managed so far to stay out of the apple brown betty although I did sneak a taste.

I love that swing. I've had it for ten or twelve years and use it nearly every day in all but the winter.