Thursday, September 11, 2008

Funeral Planned

Well we met with my friend, Juanita and her grand daughter to plan the funeral next Friday for Juanita's daughter. It was very hard for my friend. Her grand daughter wasn't nearly as broken up. At least she isn't right now.

It will be partly a religious service and partly a secular service because Juanita's daughter was not religious. In fact she was very much the opposite.

So the Methodist minister was very glad I was going to assist. I did know Kristi and will do the eulogy. He will do the funeral sermon itself. The only religious music will be "Just A Closer Walk With Thee". The grand daughter, Kristi's daughter, will burn a CD with the secular music Kristi liked and they will play that as we all enter the sanctuary.

The funeral will be held September 19th at 1:00.

4 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Take a well deserved break. Your friend is indeed fortunate to have a friend such as you. It's true. It's reflected in your writing.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you. I am just doing what anyone else would do for a friend.

Judy said...

Sounds like a great service that she will appreciate and I know you will do a great job. You are a wonderful friend to her. I have my grandson this weekend so I may not be online much. He is 18 months and wants to disassemble the computer every time he gets near it!

Margie's Musings said...

Oh yes, Judy. I remember about that age. All my grandchildren are married and gone and we are working on greats now.

But how well I remember.