Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Preparing for a Funeral

Yesterday I went to Independence to visit with an old friend who lost her daughter to cancer last Tuesday. She is heartbroken. This is the second daughter she has lost. It must be terrible to outlive your children.

I will help with the funeral. Her minister, Jack, will do the funeral sermon and I will read the obit and eulogize her daughter.

We will all meet tomorrow at 2:00 and firm up the service. It is so sad.

Today we went to ministerial association in Independence and I saw him and made sure of the time for our meeting.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am so sorry about your friend's daughter. I am assuming this is the one you have talked about before. I just can't imagine how awful this must be. I am glad you are there for her.

Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. Losing a child is heartbreaking at any age. And to have lost two is just awful. I know your friendship means a lot to her.

Margie's Musings said...

It is all so tragic. Yes, this is the friend I mentioned before.

BRBCG, that is so sad. I am so sorry about your loss too.