Monday, April 6, 2009

Airport Monday

Well, we went back to the airport this morning to take Scott to his flight to LA to drive back with Ashley. Evidently, she has fallen in love and that is the primary reason for her giving up her dream of Hollywood and modeling. I hope that day doesn't come when she regrets her decision but it's her life. She and Scott should be here on Wednesday sometime...I look for them on Thursday.

Later today we stopped off at Owasso north of Tulsa and Bob looked for a pair of shoes. He needed them real badly. He only has fifteen or so pair. We did not find what he was looking for but we did stop and eat at Olive Garden.

I went to the church service in Independence last evening and it turned out well. I stayed a while and had a cookie or two and visited with friends and then came on back home because Bob and Scott were here. Bob's shingles are really bothering him. When he finally gets over them, I think we'll look into the immunization. He sure doesn't need another case at his age. They're bad enough at any age but at nearly 79, they're worse. He has the worst case I've ever seen. We got him a doctor's appointment for 11:30 tomorrow to let Melissa take a look at them. He will be out of meds tomorrow. I don't know if they will give him a refill or if he is only supposed to take the meds for seven days. We will find out tomorrow.

I go over to my sister's to visit in the morning while my brother-in-law goes to his breakfast and afterward Bob and I will go and vote.

2 comments:

Sansego said...

Like I said before...women give up their ambitions too easily just to be in a relationship. I hope it's a relationship that leads somewhere. If they were "destined" for one another and its a love that lasts, then giving up a potential career in Hollywood wouldn't be a big deal. But if it doesn't last, then I hope she won't regret her decision at all.

I'd hate for her to end up like the bitter, mid-40s lady at work who sacrificed her goals for a guy and helped him get out of debt before he dumped her for someone else. I know too many guys who think nothing of treating women that way.

Margie's Musings said...

So do i, Nicholas. But it's her life to live. I made my share of mistakes...that's for sure.