Saturday, April 11, 2009

Waiting For Company




This will be another busy day. Last night our granddaughter, Christina, called and said she and her husband, Kyle, and daughter, Mia, would be coming for Easter. I invited them to stay with us. That meant stripping the double bed in the guest room and washing sheets and towels in preparation for their visit. Mia will sleep on the daybed trundle in the office and her parents can sleep in the guest room. I will fix dinner for the five of us tonight so Bob helped me put the leaves in the table and put on the pads and tablecloth. We will have Parmesan Chicken, potatoes, salad, and veggies. We will have some pudding for dessert.

Tomorrow we will go to church and then Leslie and John and Jeromy will come for dinner here. I should have eight or nine. I will put a ham in the oven to bake slowly while we are in church. We will have sweet potatoes and rolls and steamed veggies as well as coleslaw. I will bake my cherry pie cake in the morning before church.

It will be good to see them again. It's probably been a year and a half since we've seen them. Christina is 31 and Kyle is in the Army. Mia is two.

Ashley called last night after she had left Atlanta. It had been storming and she was afraid driving all the way to Savannah in stormy weather. I talked to her an hour while she drove. I looked up weather.com and also followed her on the map, telling her when she was going to be turning off on highway 16. That must have reassured her when she got within 2 hours of her destination, she was content to hang up.

I called her this morning and she had arrived about 11:00 and was doing fine. What an excursion she had at age eighteen.

The above photo is of Mia at Valentine's Day. Isabel, her cousin, from Houston is with her in the second one. On the left is Ashley last May.

2 comments:

Linda said...

What beautiful children you have. I hope you have a wonderful time with them. Glad to know Ashley is safe. That was quite a trip.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it was. She got there fine though.

Thank you for the compliments.