Friday, April 10, 2009

Trouble With Teenagers


Ashley took off for Savannah this morning with only a navigation system to guide her. I printed off a map on Mapquest as a backup. She is just 18 and is driving across the nation alone now. Scott flew to LA to drive as far as our house after a stop in between at Tyler, TX to pick up her clothing and belongings. There was a tornado last night in Arkansas and more bad weather on the way but nothing could deter her. I tried to get her to wait until tomorrow to leave but she wouldn't have it.

We had lunch with John and Leslie yesterday. Then after 4:30, we went out to see the house. They are moving in this weekend. The builders have moved into the garage area to finish taping and painting there. They still have to pour the garage apron and the sidewalks and get the TV man out to move the satellite. They also have the large mirror in their bathroom to be installed but everything else is finished inside.

I will clean house after Scott leaves today. I have not had time to clean this week. Next week is packed so I had better get it done this week.

I will give the invocation at the County Commission meeting on Monday. I will take my brother in law to Bartlesville on Tuesday morning for a coloniscope at 7:00, then back for a meeting in Independence, Kansas at 11:00, and another one at 1:15. I'll go back to Independence, Kansas to get my hair done on Wednesday at 8:15 and have breakfast with Juanita, Thursday I will have breakfast with some of my classmates at 9:00 AM and then Friday Bill and I will leave at 9:00 AM for Independence, Missouri for the Restoration Studies Symposium this weekend.

When that weekend is over I will breathe a huge sign of relief. Ron and I have worked diligently to get everything done early concerned with this symposium and then day before yesterday we learned the accommodations for the guest speaker and presenter, Dr. Stephen Patterson, had not been made. He was asked to come months ago and it was our understanding that the person who asked him and made arrangements for his stipend had also made housing arrangements. Day before yesterday we learned that that had not been done. I have asked five different folks who live there if they could let him stay with them and so far, none of them have been able. If I lived there I would love to have him stay with us. I have asked one more person and if they can't do it I will ask the woman Bill and I are staying with and then if that doesn't work out, we will have to get him a motel. I hate to do that. It is always so much better to stay in a home with a family.

I don't want to plan another of these weekends. I hate having to depend on others to do things when they don't follow through. Especially if they don't tell me they haven't followed through.

The photo is Dr. Patterson from Eden Theological Seminary.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I know your daughter and family are so glad to finally be moving into their new home. I am so happy for them. My daughters are not even teenagers. They are in their 30s and they never think about bad weather, dangers of being on the road alone or anything like that. They think I am crazy when I tell them something could happen! Happy Easter, Margie.

Sylvia K said...

It has been a frantic time for you! I do hope all goes well and I'll be holding good thoughts for you and your family. Have a Happy Easter, Margie!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals. Things are looking up. Ashley just called and she's 2 hours and 15 minutes from Savannah. She driven through some scary weather but has done fine so far.

Balisha said...

Relax and enjoy Easter Margie. You always have so much on your plate.Your family is lucky to have you. Happy Easter,
Balisha