Thursday, April 9, 2009

Horrendous Yesterday

Yesterday was really busy. First I went to Independence to get my hair done and to meet Juanita for breakfast. After that I visited with a friend briefly and then went to the Ministerial Association meeting. The plan afterward was to take a tour of the Mercy Hospital. I wasn't really interested but felt I should do that anyhow. After that was finished I came home and finished up the baccalaureate invitations...all 131 of them, printed them off, folded them and got them into envelopes to mail by May 1st.

Last night then we drove to Neodesha for the special service that Sue planned for Maundy Thursday. It was excellent. She had put a lot of work in it and unfortunately only four of us showed up. The service was still excellent! Those who chose not to come really missed out. Even Carletta was there. She and Leslie came together. John was working on an electrical line that had to be done by this morning for their house.

At the last minute I also learned last night that our guest speaker for next weekend does not have housing accommodations planned for him. I had thought one of the sponsors had dealt with that. I e-mailed a friend I thought might be able to house him but his wife is recovering from surgery and they cannot accommodate him. Ron is going to contact another friend of his that lives there and see if he can keep him. Much as I would hate to do so, we may have to put him up in a motel.

Perhaps I will know today where he will get his place to stay.

Ashley and Scott arrived sometime last night. I was so wiped out that I didn't even hear them come in. They will probably sleep late this morning. They drove all the way from LA to Tyler, Texas on Tuesday and didn't arrive until Wednesday morning. That is a 22 hour drive. Then after loading her car with her possessions, they set out for Coffeyville, a seven hour drive. Tomorrow morning they will head out for Memphis, a ten hour drive, where he will leave her to drive the last seven hours to Savannah alone. What a trip.

This afternoon we will go out to Leslie's to see the house. Ashley left in May before it was even begun in July. She was back in November for Thanksgiving but has not seen it since.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Margie...you make me tired. How do you keep up with it all? Hope things settle down for you soon. Have a Blessed Easter.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I keep hoping it will calm down.