Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Quieter Day

This should be a quieter day. All I really have to do is attend Ministerial Alliance meeting at noon. I want to do laundry and clean house this morning. Tonight I will go to Independence to celebrate my grandson's 30th birthday with dinner at Uncle Jack's.

Tomorrow noon I will go back to Independence to take our daughter to lunch. I am anxious to hear what they have done on their house this week. I called night before last and they were moving some furniture upstairs so the builder could put the staircase up. She couldn't talk much as she was very busy. I will go out there Saturday afternoon and see the progress. Saturday morning I will take Juanita to Joplin to do some shopping. We will eat at Olive Garden before we come back home.

It's supposed to rain today so it will be a good day to clean. I cleaned last Thursday after Bob left on Wednesday. The place still looks spic and span but with the animals in and dust and all, I know it isn't. It will be good to have it shining.

Bob may come home soon. The danger of flood seems to have abated in Fargo and Red Cross is sending their people home. He has a meeting at 10:00 this morning to learn when he will be coming. I am concerned about his shingles. I hope they will dry up all right. I have such a busy week, I hope I can work in going to the airport in Tulsa to pick him up.

Scott will be coming on Monday and I will be taking him to the airport in Tulsa then. He is flying out to California to ride back with Ashley to Tyler, Texas, to pick up her things. From there, they will come here on Wednesday or Thursday to pick up his truck. Then Friday they will drive to Memphis. Scott will go that far following her. He will stay and visit his girlfriend there while she goes on to Savannah alone. She is moving to Savannah to go back to college. I hope that works out. Her life has been in such turmoil the past few years.

During her junior year in high school, her mother moved in with a boyfriend while Scott was in Afghanistan. The army sent him home after he fell apart. Ashley moved in with friends while he was gone and failed her junior year. Then that summer, she came here to be with me and go to summer school to make up her lost classes. After that, she moved in with my daughter and her husband (a teacher) and attended Caney where he taught for her senior year. She graduated and then she chose to go to Tyler, Texas to live with her mother and attend college there. She stayed one semester. Then her mother, a traveling nurse, moved out to California with her work. Ashley completed one semester and then joined her mother to try to get into TV or the movies. She got into two episodes of Brothers and Sisters in a walk on part and tried out for the last episode of ER but didn't get the part. Her mother and her father started paying for modeling lessons but then she met a boy from Savannah who is attending school in Savannah. So she is moving back to stay at his house with his parents and him while she attends the college at Savannah. We'll see how that goes. She doesn't have much stick-to-it-ness.

Following the meeting, I came home to do my minutes and found that Bob is coming home at 11:25 PM tonight. I will have to drive to Tulsa, Oklahoma at 10:00 PM this evening. That's an hour and a half drive.

Surprises never cease. It's also raining.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Gracious, you're a busy lady. Be careful on the wet roads at night. Hope he gets home safely and that his shingles are better.

Sansego said...

Wow...she was on Brothers and Sisters?!? Which episodes? That's been my favourite show for the past two years. I love it.

She should've stuck with Hollywood. It's hard to get parts and I'm impressed that she managed to get a walk on role in a popular TV show.

I never understand why women sacrifice opportunity for men. I don't know a lot of men who would sacrifice their personal goals for a woman. There are some, but most men seem to prefer the women to sacrifice their dreams and career in order to be with the guy.

At work is a lady in her 40s who is a bit flaky and learned the hard way that after sacrificing her goals for a guy, he dumped her for someone else. She really wanted to marry him.

As a man, women should take my word. A man that asks you to sacrifice your dreams for his should be approached with caution. If you focus on your own career goals, you'll probably meet a guy who respects your choices more.

Margie's Musings said...

I've not learned which episodes, Nicholas. I don't watch that show myself. I just know she had two successes with bit parts. I don't know why she has given up her dream for college. I am glad she plans to go back to school though.