Friday, April 3, 2009

What a Day!

What a day my quieter day became. After the birthday dinner last night I took a look at my car's right front tire and it looked low. I had my son-in-law take a look at it and he said he thought it was too so we went over to a Casey's store and he put some air in it for my drive home last night. While there, he noticed a roofing nail stuck in it. So I left the car at home and took Bob's Ranger to Tulsa. Nothing like being a woman alone at midnight with a flat 93 miles from home.

I made the trip fine in his truck. He got there a little early and we drove home and got here a little after 1:00.

I left Slinky to sleep in the garage and he woke me up at 5:00.. cold and hungry....poor old dog. He also needed to go to the potty.

I fixed him a cup of food and some cinnamon toast and warmed his bedding in the dryer. He's napping over there by the dryer now. When Bob gets up later and I fix his breakfast, Slinky will want his bacon too. I will fix him a second cup of food, pour bacon grease over it and cut the piece of bacon up in small pieces for him. He thinks he's in heaven.

Back to the dinner last night. Jeromy's girl friend and her three year old, Priscella, came too.. so there were six of us. Cathy is very pretty and perky. Saturday night she is throwing a surprise birthday party for Jeromy at Southgate in Independence and Bob and I are invited to that too. We may go if Bob is up to it. He didn't get to see Jeromy last night. (Jeromy is our grandson)

They are moving the upstairs furniture in at the new house. They had to do that before the staircase is done. The builders didn't get much done this week either. They got the fireplace insert in. The carpet in the bedrooms is down but the store did that. The air conditioning is not yet installed. They worked on the staircase but didn't get it finished. They didn't get the light fixtures up, the doorknobs on or the outside painting finished. There's still some trim to go up in the upstairs. They also still have the inside of the garage to tape, mud and paint. They have the forms finished for the front and back steps but the concrete is not poured. The downstairs bathroom mirror needs to be hung. The shower curtain rod upstairs needs to be hung. All the closet rods but one have yet to be installed. The shutters are not yet on the house. There are a lot of odds and ends yet to be finished. I'll bet money they won't be finished in April. They started July 17th. What an ordeal this has been for the kids. Nine months and counting!

Today we will go take Leslie to lunch.

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Is Slinky taking lessons from Bacchus or vice versa? Lol!

Margie's Musings said...

I don't know. Maybe they're just dogs. How is Bacchus now?