Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Party


This is Bob's 79th birthday as well as Memorial Day. Ashley sent him a very cute card and he was tickled over that. I have a gift for him that I think will please him.

I will run out to the cometary after while now that I have everything done except the laundry. I got up early and checked out my potato salad. It is not as good as usual but I can't figure out why. I have doctored and doctored it but it is still pretty bland. The cake looks good. It is called a cherry chocolate cake. It is easy to make and very tasty.

I fed the dog and cat and fixed a pot of coffee early this morning and sat on the patio as long as I could before coming in to fix the guys a breakfast of ham, scrambled eggs with salsa and toast.

We are to be out at Leslie and John's at 11:30. They want to put the hamburgers on at noon sharp. Scott needs to leave early this afternoon. He has a three hour drive back to St. Robert. Rain is forecast. I hope it holds off until he gets home. At least I hope it holds off until our cookout is over.

John and Leslie have been working on their yard all weekend. They want to get it ready for Jeromy and Marlene's wedding on June 20th.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Have a lovely day with family, Margie, and wish Bob a very Happy Birthday!

Margie's Musings said...

! It was a great party with 13 people there.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday to Bob. Glad you had a fun party.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, gals. It was a very nice day