Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy Wednesday

This has been a busy day. I went to Independence Kansas at 7:15 to get my hair done then went to Eggberts to meet Juanita for breakfast. We had a short stack and bacon. It was, as usual, very good. We also had a good visit. It had been two weeks since we had met for breakfast. After that, I went by the church and picked up the plastic tablecloths for Bob's PINCH banquet on Saturday.

When I got home Bob and I went to the market and bought a few things he will need while I am gone. Then we called Leslie and went back to Independence and took her to lunch. We ate at that small Mexican Restaurant up there. The food is excellent.

We then came home and I made the brownies I will serve at the planning meting this evening.

Bob ate the leftover hamburger steak we had last evening and I ate so much today that I am not hungry. I will have a brownie later though. :)

We will watch the news and read the newspapers before we leave for the church.

Scott called this evening. He wanted to be sure we would be home in October so he could bring his new girlfriend home to meet us. That is one of two free weekends so that will be a good time for that event. Scott has talked to both his son, Jerod, and his daughter, Ashley, this week. That is good. It had been five months since he'd heard from Jerod. Ashley calls regularly. Both of them hope to come for Thanksgiving. That will be fine. We have enough beds between Leslie and us to accommodate everyone. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Keith, our older son, will be here for sure.

No comments: