Friday, February 12, 2010

A Quiet Day


This will be a quiet day. I have nothing planned for the day until 3:00 when I will attend the chocolate festival. I will buy some chocolate for my daughter and register to win an entire basket of chocolate treats. (Just what I need).

Tonight I will attend a Tupperware Party at our daughter's home. I am picking up a friend to ride with me.

Every once in awhile it is so good to have nothing going. Before the dental appointment yesterday I went into an antique store downtown and found a fluted edged Fenton compote. I bought it for $2.70. I needed it like I needed another hole in my head. What I was looking for was a couple of the antique dishes that one of my grandchildren broke. It is a small crystal colored nappy with little handles on each side. I found one several years ago but have not been able to find another. I have photos of that dish and another amber colored dish that was also broken. It is on a stem. I want one more of those too. I will post them here. Maybe some of you will see them in an old store somewhere.

I got those dishes at an auction in the 1970's. The woman who had owned them was in her 90's. I sure hope to run onto some more of them one of these days.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope you enjoyed your quiet day. Margie...thankyou so much for the recipe. Those are Joe's favorite candies... I just finished making them.We love them.How easy and yummy. Thanks again, Happy Valentine's Day to you both.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

You're welcome, Balisha. I hope things are going well with you. I am happy you enjoyed the candy.