Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowy Sunday

This afternoon it is supposed to snow hard into all day tomorrow. I don't know when I've been so sick of snow. This is Kansas, for heavens sake. Generally we get about two or three snows in winter. This is just one cycle after another. I hope we can get through the services this morning before it moves in.

Now, we have another problem. Last night Bob went out to the garage to turn on the light over the hot water tank on the water lines so they wouldn't freeze and found that the hot water tank is leaking. So, that's another unexpected expense. And with this snow, how on earth will we get a plumber out here? We have to wait until Monday anyhow.

Also, Bob has not been able to wear his compression sleeve all day. Yesterday afternoon he had me take it off. It was causing his hand to swell even more and his underarm area to ache. He can't wear the body wrap at all. It really causes his armpit to hurt. I don't know how this is going to go.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

I have the breakfast at church this morning so in a little while, I will get my coffeecake in the oven. I like to fix it later this morning so when I take it in to church it's still warm. Also, I have to run off the bulletin this morning at church since Bob is presiding.

We will stay home this evening and watch the Superbowl game.

So far, so good. It's 3:00 and no bad weather yet.

We went to the Trinity United Methodist Church after our services and enjoyed their soup/chili luncheon. We know quite a few people there and so we really enjoyed ourselves.

Bobby volunteered to pick up our new hot water tank when we buy it and Bill volunteered to help him install it. Our friends are really wonderful people. That is so wonderful of them to volunteer. We will have Bobby get the tank tomorrow and then call Bill to come help install it.

I got my weekly newsletters out this afternoon while Bob and Slinky took their naps.

No comments: