Friday, May 14, 2010

Third Treatment and PET Scan

Today is to be Bob's third radiation treatment and his PET scan if I can get him there. This morning at 8:45, he will have his third radiation treatment and later at 10:00 his PET scan..if I can get his there. The lasex is evidently zapping him so I have eliminated it. It evidently has lowered his already low blood pressure to even less and he can barely move or even talk above a whisper.

I got up at three (couldn't sleep) and got him up at five because he is not supposed to eat after six. He took his thyroid pill and then went to shave. After that, he ate a little breakfast. The dog got half of it. I got him dressed to go and he laid back down totally exhausted. I told him I would cancel his appointments but he wants to go. I don't know how I will get him there unless he recovers some.

More later...

When he saw how exhausted I was, he rallied some. We will leave in fifteen minutes for the hospital and I think I can manage now. Evidently, my daughter called a friend to come help us. Unfortunately she has a cold and I wouldn't want her around Bob in the shape he is in. I told her I thought I could handle it now but would call her husband on his cell, if I found that I could not.

So, this morning at 8:45, he had his third radiation treatment and later at 10:00 his PET scan. We won't know the results until Wednesday. The lasex he was taking to get rid of fluid is evidently zapping him so I have eliminated it. It evidently has lowered his already low blood pressure to even less and he can barely move or even talk above a whisper.

I got him there in the rain. I dropped him off at the front door to do his paperwork and then parked the car. I helped him with the paperwork and then they took him around for his radiation treatment and PET scan in a wheelchair. I drove the car around. Two hours later they brought him back in totally exhausted and in pain.

I had left word yesterday afternoon that the pain meds he had been taking were not working well anymore. I dropped by the pharmacy to pick up his new prescription for percocet and morphine and it had not been called in. I gave him two of the pills that were no linger working well and took him home for his nap. After he went to sleep, I went to the doctor's office and picked up the scripts and took them to the pharmacy. Then when I got home I gave him a percocet. I hope it works for him. I fixed him a half sandwich to take it with.

Later some friends dropped by to visit. They just left.

No comments: