Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy Monday

This has been a busy day. After I fed the animals and took Slinky for his walk and watered my flowers, I went out to Leslie's and cleaned her house. It's 2400 square feet and it takes me three and a half hours but when I'm finished, it shines.

Afterward, I went to lunch with her.

Last night about 6:00 I saw a police officer in my yard with his gun drawn. He went into my garage. When he came out, I stepped out and asked him what he was up to. He said there had been an alarm sounded on my block. He asked me if I was alone and I told him that I was. He stepped into the house and looked around the living room. I assured him that I was alone. When he left I noticed that there was a woman officer across the street and she had her gun drawn too. He asked me if I had an alarm and I told him I didn't. He checked with his dispatcher and she told him the alarm was from two doors west of me. So he left. I noticed that in just a few minutes they both got into their squad cars and left. Strange!!

This afternoon, my brother-in-law, and niece and I put my sister in the Alzheimer's Unit at Windsor. She was not happy about it but since she can no longer walk or even stand, my brother-in-law had no alternative. He cannot lift her and she has fallen once and then once she could not get off the seat of the commode.

It's pitiful.

They asked us not to come for four or five days to give them a chance for her to settle in with them. Then, before we come, we are to call to see how she is doing. If she is not doing well, they want us to wait awhile longer. We can call every day if we want.

No comments: