Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Slow Tuesday

Since my sister is in the nursing home now, I did not have to go by and sit with her so my brother-in-law could go to breakfast with his friends. Hopefully, he was able to go alone now.

I have been working on my notebook for CMA. I am trying to catch it up with the new material.

Also I am going to lunch with an old friend today at 11:30. She called me last week to make this date.

I have no other plans for the day today. I may read. I received two new books yesterday. I started one of them yesterday when I let Slinky in out of the heat.

More later...

I dropped by to see my brother-in-law after lunch. I wanted to see how he was doing. He felt really bad about leaving my sister at the Alzheimer's Unit yesterday. My niece had called and they said she did fine after we all left and also did fine last night. I would be amazed if that is so.

I mowed and trimmed this evening and just finished at 7:30. I was soaking wet and very hot and red in the face so I took a shower and washed my hair. I am feeling better now. I am just going to watch TV tonight if I can find anything to watch.

My younger son is going to be deployed to Germany in October. That will be good for him although I will miss him terribly. He says he is going to bring me over for a visit. We will see. I have never been a world traveler. I like to sleep in my own bed.

Keith, my older son, called this afternoon just to check in on me. Then Leslie, my daughter, e-mailed me because she had not heard anything from me in 24 hours. I told her I was fine.

I enjoyed lunch with the old friend. I forget how lucky and blessed I am. She has had breast cancer and it is now in her bones. She takes lots of meds. She is a year older then I. She is still very pretty at 75.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I am sure it is sad to have to put your sister in a nursing home but it was for the best. The police thing would have scared me that someone was making lurking around. I have a pistol. I know a lot of people don't like guns but when I lived in the country and ran a grocery by myself I needed it. I am still glad I have it. Hope you are enjoying a relaxing day. My sister gave me a bunch of magazines she was finished with and I love looking through them.

marlu said...

Some days it's nice to have a quiet time just reading and staying in out of the heat.
I hope your sister adjusts to her new situation soon.
marlu

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Gals. It turned out that I went out and mowed and trimmed this evening and really got overheated. I was soaked so I took a shower and washed my hair.

My face is still red as a beet.

The nursing home said she did fine after we left and did fine last night. I would be amazed if that is true.