Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Scorcher

This is going to be another terribly hot day. At 10:00 last night it was 100 degrees. I was going to garage say today but there are very few garage sales. So I guess I'll just stay in air conditioned comfort. Slinky will have to come into the kitchen today for sure. He was almost sick last night when I got home a little after eight. Poor dog.
I brought him in and intended for him to sleep in but he wanted to be outside. I finally put him outside but I wasn't comfortable with it.

Sometime this morning, Leslie is coming in. She has hair appointment at 9:30. After that she will come over. I don't know how long she'll stay.

This evening at 6:30 we will meet over to Caney for the Historical Society's ice cream social.

More later...

She stayed a couple of hours and then went to Independence to help my grandson Jeromy take the church's old tables back. He had had a yard sale.

Then she invited me to dinner at their house and from there we went to the ice cream social. It was neat to see a lot of people I knew from our 11 years in Caney. Many knew Bob too and offered their condolences.

No comments: