Friday, November 19, 2010

House Cleaning Now

The day has come. I must clean house today. It's beginning to look pretty grubby. That's my goal for today.

Yesterday turned out to be a very busy day. Besides getting my hair done, and picking up Juanita for breakfast, I went to Independence's Wal Mart and got the ingredients for my part of the Thanksgiving dinner.

When I got home, I talked to Scott again and got an address in Germany and then, because I didn't know how long it would take to get there, I went to our Wal Mart store and got some things for a box to send to him as well as his birthday card. Well, it's on it's way.

Last night I watched TV until 9:00 and then went on to bed. I am having a hard time staying awake in the evenings. The eye doctor in Wichita, Dr. Amstutz, said much of that is the effort it takes to consciously keep my eyes open when the left one especially wants to close. I saw Joanne B. at Wal Mart here and she told me she had had the same surgery some years back. She said she had held cold compacts on her eyes after the surgery for the first day and had barely any swelling or discoloration. They told me in Wichita that the eye would look healed in three weeks but the healing would continue for nine months to a year.

I'm still a little apprehensive about having it done...especially since he can only do one eye. If anyone's surgery will fail, it would be mine. The left foot bunion surgery still irritates me. I went through all that discomfort and inconvenience and still it failed. And I had an orthopedic specialist do it too.

Keith called yesterday afternoon too. It seems now he will wait to leave until Tuesday evening . His vacation begins on Tuesday but he has something else going on Tuesday so he will arrive a day later on Wednesday. I have to have my hair done on that Wednesday at 7:30 AM but should be back home before he comes in or while he is sleeping. I need to bake my pies on Wednesday..or at least early Thursday. I also will need to make my Waldorf Salad while the pies are in the oven.

No comments: