Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Mess of a Week

I've got a huge week. It has just grown and grown. I want to see Phyllis this morning and I have an eye appointment in Caney. I'm going to cancel the eye appointment at 8:30. Then at 10:30 I leave for Chanute for my lunch with Gay. I'm going to help her pick out a new stove. Her present stove is driving her crazy. She sets it for 275 and it heats to 400. If all goes well, I will drop off Juanita's Christmas gift on my way home.

They have canceled the city commission meeting for lack of a quorum so I don't have to get out this evening for that. It's 25 degrees right now. Slinky will probably have to spend the morning in the cold garage. The light bulbs are on in there and I have one by the tank to try to keep the water from freezing. It worked last night. I left the hot water running a little in the small bathroom.

Tomorrow will be the big mess. I am to take the groceries and gifts for our adopted family to the Salvation Army but I not only have a hair appointment in Independence (which I will cancel) but I am also the chaplain at the hospital for the week. I will check in there first thing.

Thursday should be quieter. I have to take my car in the the shop at 8:00. Bob A. will pick me up and bring me home. Then when it is finished, he will drop me off to pick it up.

Friday, I will check in at the hospital again and go visit Phyllis again. She has the beginnings of another urinary tract infection as well as a yeast infection. They are starting to medicate it right away in hopes of nipping it in the bud.

Saturday, Leslie and I will clean her house for the cookie exchange on Sunday afternoon and evening.

No comments: