Friday, December 17, 2010

Quiet Friday

This will probably be a quiet Friday since my car in still in the shop. I got better sleep last night. I guess I just turned my car problem over to the Lord. That's about all I could do.

I had an e-mail this morning from Scott. He says in February he will be able to help me recover what I spend on the car. That is sweet of him but I would rather he just put that money in his savings and keep it just in case I need it...or just in case he needs it. His vehicle has as many miles on it as mine does and it is a Jeep. You never know when he will need a repair again.

But it's always good to have a cushion...just in case.

Sometime today they will finish my car. Next week sometime, I will try to get the two new tires while I am in Independence. Perhaps Monday since I am to meet Juanita on Monday for lunch and our gift exchange. Then the following Christmas week I will try to get the car aligned in Bartlesville. My eyelid surgery is January 5th.

More later...

They finished my car before noon. The bill was over $700. After that I picked up my brother-in-law and went to Bartlesville where I bought the two tires and had them balanced and the car aligned. All together I spent nearly $1,000 today.

Thank goodness Keith had sold his dad's pickup before it was stolen the next week. I had that $3800 to use and did not have to wait to get it all done. Now the car drives like new and no longer makes that noise when driving down the highway. The brakes were fine. They checked them out.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

You always have so many things going on...maybe you need a day of rest. How nice of your son.I'm sure you feel better knowing that you have that cushion. Are you going to be admitted for your surgery...or is it done on an out patient basis? I hope things work out well for you. Have a nice rest today...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It's an out patient procedure, Balisha. Thank you for your concern.