Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another Beautiful Day

It's another beautiful day and if this weather continues this week as it's is forecast to do, the snow will melt away. Thank goodness!

I will go to church as usual this morning, probably eat out with some of the congregation, do my newsletters this afternoon and watch TV this evening. It's a rather calm day but I'm not complaining.

Every once in awhile, we need a calm day.

I'm having a discussion on another board about the nature of the gospel as found in the Bible. My daughter has been invited to participate in a workshop our church is sponsoring. She wrote this to me yesterday:

"I have been invited to attend the Congregational Formation and Leadership Development put on by the World Church through the Mission Center. There are some materials that I have to read and thought that you might have one of these books;

·Wrestling with the Questions – As introduction to Contemporary Theologies by Gregory C. Higgins.

·Theological Crossfire by Clark H. Pinnock and Delwin Brown (old book)

·A New Kind of Christianity—Ten Questions That Are Transforming the Faith by Brian D. McLaren

I thought you might have one or two of these books."

Of course, I do. I have the McLaren book. I recommend it to anyone interested in the development of the theology of the Christian church. I also recommend one I am presently reading called: "Jesus Wars: How Four Patriarchs, Three Queens, and Two Emperors Decided What Christians Would Believe for the Next 1,500 years". It's a fascinating book about how the doctrines of the church developed.

I will loan her the McLaren book if I can figure out how to do that from my Kindle. That's where I have the book downloaded.

Maybe I can get back to the "Jesus Wars" book this evening before 60 Minutes.

More later....

2 comments:

marlu said...

Did you find the different size fonts on your Kindle? I just saw this on the internet from Kim Komando:
"As an example, let's look at the Kindle. It offers six different font sizes. These are only named size 1, size 2, size 3 and so on up until size 6. These get progressively larger."

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I did, Marlu. That's a great feature.