Sunday, February 6, 2011

Church on Sunday

I will go to church today. As I mentioned yesterday, my son-in-law cleared off the parking lot so there is no reason we can't go. The roads are clear too. I enjoy the fellowship and after church eight or ten of us go out to eat dinner together and seldom get home before 2:00. Sunday is one of my favorite days.

After I get home I do my newsletters and get them in the mailbox to go out tomorrow.

Then tonight I will watch the Superbowl. I am not a football fan but Bob and I always watched the Superbowl so I will watch it alone tonight.

I watched a new show one of you suggested. It was Harry's Law. It's supposed to be on Monday evenings at 9:00 here but for some reason, I caught it last night. It appears to be a good show. I enjoyed it. I hope I can stay awake long enough tomorrow evening to see it again. It stars Kathy Bates and she is a good actress.

When you are awake at 4:00 to let the dog out and up at 5:00, it's hard to stay awake after 8:00 in the evening.

It's supposed to snow again Tuesday and Wednesday. I have that doctor's appointment in Wichita on Wednesday. If we get snow, I will not go. I will cancel again and reschedule.

This has been the worst winter in my memory. Back in the 50's we had some bad winters but I don't believe it was anything like this winter. I never remember 17 inches of snow.

More later...

After church, I had lunch with eight other members at Hong Kong Delight. We had a good time. I was going to watch the Superbowl last night but I just couldn't get into it. I got my letters done early and turned it on. All that fraw de rah... Finally at 8:00, I just turned it off and I went to bed. I learned who won from the news this morning.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope you were able to go out with your friends today. We love Harry's Law. That Kathy Bates is really something in this new role. Have a nice day and keep warm...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thank, Balisha, we went to Hong Kong Delight for lunch. Nine of us went today.