Monday, February 7, 2011

Lull On Monday

I understand we will have a lull today before the next storm hits tomorrow and Wednesday. I will go to the market again today. I don't need too much but I do need some more yogurt. That's what I eat for supper. Last night, since I didn't have any, I just had a bowl of bran flakes. I have leftover Chinese for lunch today. I could use some raisin bread. I like toast out of raisin bread. I need some bath oil and some face wash....nothing more to eat. I have the oatmeal Slinky and I share for breakfast. I have some Schwan's TV dinners and even some soup left that Keith and Joyce brought me last week. I will toss the leftovers from a week ago Wednesday. I forgot them.

So I will get my running around done today. I want to go see Phyllis and Gerry too. Cyndi says we are to get 10 inches this time between Tuesday and Wednesday. I will probably have to re-schedule my eyelid doctor appointment in Wichita on Wednesday. Wichita is north and west of here so they should get even more bad weather. Maybe they have not filled my Monday canceled appointment and I could go today. I will call at 8:00 when their office opens and see.

Later...Ah Ha! I was able to get in to see the Wichita doctor. I called Bob A. and he can go with me. I will pick him up at 11:00. I have to go get gas and get my yogurt too. I'll see if I can get my face wash and bath oil at the dollar store. Slinky will have to go into the garage earlier then I thought. He'll have to deal with that.

Tonight there is some decent TV...thank goodness. I new show that some of you readers recommended is "Harry's Law". I saw it Saturday night on NBC and they have now moved it to Monday night so I'll watch it again tonight....if I can stay awake until 9:00. Antiques Roadshow and American Experience are on tonight too. Thank goodness for PBS. Unfortunately Harry's Law is on opposite the last hour of American Experience. I'll have to make a choice.

Yesterday at church, the woman who has the rare fatal and untreatable cancer of the blood... myleo..something or other...presided. She could barely do that. Her daughter helped her. She announced she was discontinuing her blood transfusions. They were all that were keeping her alive and now they are no longer working to give her strength. She was taking one each week. Then toward the end of the service she asked that we administer to her. Two elders took oil and anointed her head and then prayed for her. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. She said she would not be trying to make the effort anymore and would just stay home. I'll be surprised if she makes it through the month. She has lost about 30 pounds and is just a shadow of her former self. And she is white as a sheet. What a tragedy. She is only 65.

More later..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the drive to Wichita and the appointment go well for you. Harry's Law is on demand, NBC, if you have it on your cable, then you could watch later and record a show you want to see.

Betty said...

Monday is the regular night for Harry's Law, but NBC reruns it and the two Law and Orders on Saturday night. So, you won't have to miss any of your favorite PBS shows.

We are supposed to get 5-7 inches of snow Tuesday night and Wednesday. I hope they're wrong.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Betty! I am sick and tired of snow.

The eye appointment went well. I was released.

Suzanne, I have never figured out how to work recording a show. My DVD came with the wrong instruction book. I wrote the company but they never sent me the correct one.