Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Before the Storm

This evening our latest storm is supposed to hit. I dread that. I am dug out right now and if we get a lot of snow, this time I will have to dig myself out. I simply cannot afford to spend $40 to have a couple of guys clear my drive.

I am so glad to have that doctor's appointment over with. The doctor wanted me to have the right eye done but he wanted me to pay for it out of my own money. Rich doctors just don't get it. When I told him I didn't have the money to do that, he must of thought I simply did not want to spend the money. He doesn't seem to realize I have $6,000 savings to last me the rest of my life and over one sixth of that goes each year to pay for taxes and insurances on my house and car. That's why I need to get a part time job. Dumb doctor!

I want to see if I can get a hair appointment today...before the storm hits. I hope I can get in.

Other then that, I have nothing more on my agenda today. Perhaps I can get my laundry done and my vacuuming done. I also need to run a wet swifter over my laminated floors. I have tracked snow and wetness onto it.

More later...

I did get in to get my hair done. She offered me 1:15. So I went to visit with Phyllis at the nursing home at 10:00. At 10:30, my beautician called me and asked me to come right away It was snowing in Independence. It wasn't snowing here in Coffeyville but I understood she wanted to get home before noon so I left and went on in. After she finished, I met my daughter and had lunch with her. Then I came on home. I have been just goofing off all afternoon. Slinky was in the garage and was delighted to get back into the kitchen. So because his bed is beside the utility area, I did not want to disturb him by doing the laundry. I couldn't get my dirty clothes anyhow. His bed is in the way and he is napping.

It still isn't snowing here but it is supposed to tonight and tomorrow and then warm up some and be sunshiny the rest of the week. I hope it will melt soon. I am so sick of snow.

No comments: