Thursday, March 31, 2011

Busy Thursday

Today at work was really busy. I worked on cleaning up the files all morning and they are really in a mess. I did the same thing yesterday.

After work, I quickly drove to Independence where I got my hair done and afterward picked up Juanita for lunch. We went to Big Cheese. They have the best pizzas. We had not had lunch (or even breakfast) for several months. First it was the 17 inch snow and then the 4 inch snow and finally her fall that prevented us from meeting for lunch. Her right eye is still bruised on the outside. She looks thinner so maybe she has lost dome weight.

Her son in Chicago has lost his job. He made $200,000 a year so he will have a hard time finding another that pays that well. Luckily he had saved some money. He has two 18 year old twin girls and two 21 year old twin girls. The older ones are in college. the younger ones graduate from high school this year.

I came back home after I took Juanita home. I had been gone since 7:30 this morning. It has rained all day. It is chilly but I am leaving Slinky out as long as I can. He may have to spend tonight in the kitchen again if it doesn't warm up. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I want to clean house on Saturday. I also want to bake a dessert for the Living the Questions group Sunday evening. I need to get some ice cream to go over it too. I want to make my apple brown betty.

I haven't heard from my daughter what the plan is..if anything... for my grandson's birthday. It is day after tomorrow. He will be 32.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

As usual you have had a busy day. I love Apple Brown Betty. It is one of my favorite desserts.I always admire you for doing things with and for your family and friends. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. My family and friends have been wonderful to me this year. I can't do enough for them.