Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chilly Tuesday

It's chilly today. In fact, it's been chilly for a week. I thought March was going to be nice but it's going out like a lion.

Yesterday was a frustrating day at work. I did a bunch of filing and some making copies of forms and that wasn't bad. Then I began to try to match invoices to check numbers and that was a hassle. I spent 40 minutes trying to find one invoice and never did. I stayed over twenty minutes just to get that one matched but was never able to find the invoice. So I'll go back to the search again today. This is the kind of work I do not like. We were supposed to have shredded old documents that are too old to keep anymore. Heather told me to wear my jeans for this work..so I did. When I got in, she had learned that she was going to have to drive one of the transportation buses so we were not going to be able to do that.

At least I got the roof business done. Now it will be interesting to see what the insurance company will do. They say the roof is not ventilated enough and that makes the wood decking spongy. They won't pay for the decking because of that. I think I would be wise to try to sell the house. The taxes and insurance are eating me up. But I dread packing again and the hassle of selling the house and paying a Realtor to take care of the paperwork.

Luckily, the vinyl roof on the shed did not leak. But I need to begin painting on the house. The vinyl patio cover leaks and the wood frame is pealing so I need to start there. I can't do anything about the leaking patio cover but I can paint the frame and I need to do that as soon as it gets warm enough. I will paint one side of the house each year if I stay here. That way every four years, the house would get painted.

I also need to wash windows. Oh there's a lot of work to be done alright. Unfortunately, I am freshest in the morning and I will be working mornings. Oh well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Sounds like you are busy as ever. When we lived on the farm I used to paint the barns and I would do what you are talking about doing. I did one side at a time until I finished. I bought a new push mower this year. My yard is going to need mowing pretty soon. I am going to try and do it myself. It is a big yard. I probably won't be able to do the whole thing at one time. It is so frustrating to have something like the bills not matching. I have been there and done that. You will find it.

Margie's Musings said...

They did after I was gone, Judy.

The invoice I was looking for was paper clipped to another invoice. I never would have figured it out. These people are nice to work for but they don't give thorough enough instructions.