Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another Quiet Thursday

There was very little of anything for me to do today at work. Mostly, I just watched Heather work. I really hate that.

I came home after work and watched the roofer paint the top side of the framework of my patio. He took about an hour. Then he showed me the soffit where the roof had rested. Whoever put that up there did not paint it. They just primed it and then put the roof material against it. Slip Shod! After the roofer left, I got out some damp rags and washed the wood down, After it dried, I painted it and thirty minutes later I put another coat on it. They are supposed to be back tomorrow or Saturday to put the material for the roof on. He will caulk it first where I painted it today. In the meanwhile, Slinky has no place to get under shelter and it looks like it's going to rain. I may have to bring him in. I put his bedding in the shed and left the door open. I even took him out there and showed him where it was. He did not want to go in there...even with the door open. So now it's thundering.

I have the PINCH dinner at 5:00 this evening. I will start my dish about 3:30. I guess I'll have to put Slinky in the garage when I leave. What an inconvenience!

When the rain started, (and so far it's barely raining) Slinky gave up on getting to come in the house and went out to the shed with it's open door and went in and lay down on his bed. I think he'll be fine if the rain doesn't come in from the direct west and get the bed wet. Poor old dog! I hate to leave him out there like that.

I have my dish in the oven now and when it's done (about 4:00), I'll whip up the brownies and get them in next.

More later...

Well the PINCH dinner was a good success. We had a lot of very good food and some very interesting information about Juneteenth. I never knew what that was all about.

Bob A. went with me and we ate a lot of variety food for dinner. I cleaned up the dishes and we left about 7:30. We enjoyed it though. We even sang some old Negro spirituals.

1 comment:

patsy said...

I posted something for you.