Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What A Day!

This has been another one alright! They kept me plenty busy at work and after I got off work, I left immediately for Independence to pick up Juanita for lunch. After lunch, I took her to Marvin's, the market. Then I took her home. I then went to my hair appointment. My hair was bleached out quite blond from all the sunshine I've had lately. And I desperately needed a haircut too. I look almost human now. Too bad it won't last. Then Leslie called me and said she could not get a van from Enterprise in Independence for our Branson trip. All the rentals are out at Joplin. She wanted me to call Bartlesville's Enterprise and see if I could get one there. They had a van but they are closed on weekends and I would have had to rented it for three days at the $168.00+ per day rate. That would have been counterproductive. I called Hertz and they do not have a van and even if they did, it also would be a three day rental. Then I called Doenges and they not longer rent vehicles. So, I guess we will probably cancel. Everything is closed now and I am just waiting for a call back from Leslie.

What a bummer!

Then I went to Wal Mart and got the hamburger patties for our cook out at Karan and Bobby's on Sunday for Father's Day.

I came home and fed the animals and had a yogurt. I am trying to relax now.

The roofer called this evening. They are going to take the old roof off over the patio tomorrow, paint the tops of the boards for me and put the new roof on Friday. I am so glad to finally get that all finished. After the new roof is on, I want to wash the windows and power wash the patio so I can paint it next with the cement paint with grit in it.

Maybe I will get finished after all.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Sounds like a busy day to me. Wow, I didn't realize that it was so expensive to rent a van. Hope you are successful in getting one. Have a nice weekend...is it hot there?
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is terribly hot here...in the high 90's.

We couldn't get a van so we're taking three cars.

Thanks for dropping by Balisha.

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Whew, you sure are a busy person. I have those concrete gutter drains, too, and I love them. So sorry to hear about your car but sounds like it turned out pretty good and did not cost you an arm and a leg. So glad to hear you are still making your trip. I know you will have fun. We had 3 days of 70s and now back to the muggies. Have a great trip and enjoy.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals, for your comments and support.