Saturday, June 11, 2011

Framework Painted!


It rained last night and cooled everything off. When I got up at 5:30 it was not raining though so I grabbed a few bites of the oatmeal I fixed for Slinky and put on my old painting clothes and got out there while it was still in the 60's. I started at 6:00 AM and worked until 11:00 AM but I got it all finished! It looks real nice. My next project is to wash windows inside and out. Bob A. dropped by after he visited my sister (his wife) at the nursing home. We went to Dearing and had lunch at the little Dearing cafe. Dearing is about four miles west of here. We had a pork tender sandwich and a drink. I didn't realize how hungry and thirsty I was until I began eating and drinking my drink.

Next I'll power wash the patio and paint it with cement paint with some grit in it. Maybe I'll get to it on next Saturday. I will do it with a roller. That's how my Bob used to do it.

Then I want to paint the trim on my house. I have shutters and some kind of decorative shelf under the front windows. There is also some trim on the garage door and some just under the roof of the patio...all to be done in that neat green Keith W. used to paint my swing. He said he would give me the rest of the paint.

Then this fall I will paint my privacy fence. It's the same paint as my house. That's a fall job. I will do it with both a roller and a brush.

This afternoon Bob A. and I are going out to church to set up the puppet house for tomorrow's services. Cyndi and my son-in-law, John, have agreed to do the puppets. They do such a neat job. They did it last week and it was very well done. They are very talented!

We have a guest minister coming this evening at 7:00. Karen T. is our Mission Center president and she is our guest speaker. She will come tonight about 7:00 PM and stay overnight with me. Then in the morning I will fix my chicken and rice casserole and brownies for the basket dinner tomorrow noon. I have the bulletin all printed off already. I did that earlier in the week. I preside tomorrow.

More later...

Well I did break down and mow this afternoon. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow morning and I knew it would really need it after that. I even went out to church with Bob A. to set up the puppet house. I am all ready now. Karen should be here in an hour or so.

2 comments:

Elaine in Florida said...

Good job, Margie....it looks very nice!!

Elaine

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Elaine! I am so glad it is finished. And I just finished mowing. So the yard looks pretty good too.