Friday, June 10, 2011

A Rainy Day

I must not be living right. I've waited weeks to paint the framework of my patio cover and now it appears it may rain. In fact, we have scattered showers right now. Keith W. was supposed to come remove the corrugated roof material this morning so I could power wash it after I get off work. Now that schedule is all messed up.

I hope they have something for me to do at work. This job training has become a terrible waste of my time. I didn't job search yesterday either. I worked in my back yard trimming my Rose of Sharon bushes. I will have to get five more applications done before next Wednesday when that sheet goes in.

I did get a nice rejection letter from the library yesterday. At least they notified me.

The cable people are coming out Monday afternoon to fix my remote. I tried to play a DVD movie yesterday and all I got was an "error" message. I sent the DVD back. Then I thought about the power outage on Tuesday. That undoubtedly messed up the remote. Now I don't have the DVD I wanted. Perhaps they will send me another.

Like the commercial says: "trouble, trouble, trouble". I love that cute commercial with the little dog and his precious bone. Has anyone seen it? I think it's another of those "Travelers Insurance" commercials. Whomever their ad agency is, they need to keep them. Those folks know what works. I never "mute" their commercials.

More later...

No comments: