Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Morning


Well, I just heard from Scott. He's in Kansas at Fort Scott, his girlfriend's home. They have a full day today and will not be coming to see me. He called on the house phone where there is no caller ID and didn't leave me a phone number so I can't call him back. Drat!

I've been out in the yard on the patio pulling weeds out of the flowerbeds. I have fed the animals and watered the flowers. It will be 95 today...not quite as hot as yesterday.

Bob A. will be by to pick me up at 9:00 and we will go to church school and church. Afterward we will probably eat out somewhere with the group.

I have washed the front and back glass doors this morning and swept off the patio. How on earth they get so dirty so easily is beyond me. I am dreading painting the framework for the patio roof if it doesn't cool down. Of course, I want to start very early. That will be helpful as far as the weather is concerned. As hot as it's been the first week in June, I can only imagine what the rest of the summer will be like. HOT!

More later....

Church was really good this morning. There was a puppet show illustrating "Being a Witness for God". That was very good. The sermon was also very good. In fact, it was a very well planned service. John B. and Cyndi C. did an excellent job as the voices of the puppets.

Afterward six of us ate out together. Then I came home and watched an old movie "The Goodbye Girl". Very good movie.

This evening I am waiting for 60 Minutes. Slinky is in the kitchen. He is very hot. It is almost 100 degrees out there. I could not leave him out to suffer. I don't know what he will do tomorrow while I work. Poor dog.

The lilies are in bloom in the back yard now. I took some photos of them. The new Clematis is also in bloom. This is it's first real year. It was planted last year before Bob died and didn't do much last year.

Keith W. scraped and painted my yard swing and it looks very nice now.

Scott called this evening. He may come see me some day this week before Thursday. He leaves on Thursday. We will see.

3 comments:

Elaine in Florida said...

Margie...your back yard certainly looks nice...the swing looks inviting also! :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Elaine. Right now I need to mow. It's up in the 90's today so I'll wait until evening.

Balisha said...

Your lilies are so pretty. I love them along the fence.
Balisha