Friday, June 10, 2011

Lost Post

I wrote my Friday post here and it didn't "save" for some reason. I'll try again.

I am so disgusted. I've waited weeks to paint the patio framework and now it appears it's going to rain. It started to "scattered showers" awhile ago when I was sitting on the patio with the animals. Keith W. was supposed to come take down the old corrugated roofing this morning so I could paint all sides of the boards but I doubt he will do that now. And we're forecast for "scattered showers" tomorrow too....which was to have been my painting day.

Yesterday was a total waste of time at work. I don't know what I'm going to do about this job training job. I also have to get in five more job applications before next Wednesday when that form goes in to Aime.

I have the cable people coming Monday afternoon to re-program their remote. The power outage on Tuesday undoubtedly erased the programming. I was going to play a DVD yesterday afternoon and all I got was an "error" message. I sent the DVD back before I realized it was the programming on the remote that was the problem. Perhaps the company will send me another.

Trouble, trouble, trouble...." I love that Traveler's Insurance commercial with the little dog and his bone. I never mute it. Whomever Travelers has for their ad agency is a genius. They better keep them. Their commercials are so cute that I never "mute" them. I "mute" all others. Does anyone here see those cute commercials with the dog and his bone?

More later...

I started painting when I got home from work but by then it was too hot. I only worked about thirty minutes.

I am wiping down the wood as I go and doing a little scraping. I decided against power washing it. I will power wash the concrete floor though. My brother-in-law dropped by while I was painting and took the power washer out of my car trunk. He brought a yard cart over with a piece of wood in it to set it in. It is not on rollers so I was going to find it hard to move around. He suggested I come to lunch with him instead of painting. He didn't have to ask twice. I changed into clam diggers and we went for a chicken fried steak at Eggbert's.

I will start my painting again at 6:00 AM tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Keep your fingers crossed. I need to get this project finished.

Keith W. did not come take the roof off this morning. It rained about 9:00 AM. Perhaps that's why he didn't. I will just have to paint it anyhow without the roof off......if at all possible.

5 comments:

marlu said...

I love that commercial too! The dog reminds me of our Wally who died last September.
I agree, their creative team is really good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Those commercials are great. We need rain bad here. It has been in the 90s for 2 weeks with no rain. Hopefully, soon. Sounds like you have a lot going on but then it seems you always do and are one busy woman. Have a great weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks gals for dropping by.

Betty said...

I love that commercial, too. That is the cutest dog. And, the song is perfect.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. Thanks so much for dropping by gals. I appreciate it.