Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Day at Camp

I got here yesterday about 2:00, got checked in and assigned a cabin. I had a surprise in that I got a small cabin just south of the lodge. I got all moved in and settled in and attended orientation that evening.

I took a shower in the lodge last night but it was ice cold. So I got up this morning and went over to Founders Hall and took a hot shower and washed my hair.

I didn't sleep well last night. The cabins are air conditioned but it was being away from my familiar bed, I think. I didn't take my melatonin and so I woke up at 2:00. I went to the bathroom and then took one of my sleeping pills and slept until 7:00. Tonight I will take my melatonin.

Today we had breakfast and then Bob A. came about 10:00 and we took the short tour of the campgrounds. A tornado hit it three years ago and it is still recovering from the loss of hundreds of trees. It took a year for the insurance company to rebuild all the destroyed cabins but the trees take awhile to regrow.

I have taken some photos and when I get a moment, I will post them.

The worship service was very nice and dinner was good too. I showed Bob A. around the rest of the campgrounds before he left to go home.

At 2:00, I waited to see if I had a Temple School class made. I had four who signed up for it. We had a good session. Now I am waiting for supper to be served. I don't want to eat a lot since I had a good dinner.

Tonight Outreach International will have a program. Our congregation supports a school in Dominican Republic so I will be interested in seeing what they have to offer.

Tomorrow evening they are going to have an ice cream social. I am looking forward to that. You know how I love ice cream.

More later...

It 108 today and we had a service an hour and a half long in that heat. That's almost too much for many of us. I was dripping sweat.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: