Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Morning at Camp

Well, I slept better last night. I got up at 6:00 this morning and went to the dining hall to have coffee with the group that meets there each morning for coffee. I have just finished a breakfast of fruit, juice and oatmeal so I feel pretty good.

Today is going to be another hot day. I don't know how hot at this point. I'm hoping it won't reach 108 again. I am worried about Slinky back home in this heat.

I have five of us in the Temple School class and I need to go over the material again before 2:00 when the class begins. There is an adult class this morning. There may be a prayer meeting first. I haven't checked the schedule. It is called "Sharing in Community".

Sure enough there was a prayer meeting. And it was good...followed by a class.

Now I've just finished lunch and am waiting for time for my class to come. That will be at 2:00.

The class went well, again.

Now though I am really worried about Slinky. He is not eating and the heat is really bothering him. He is drinking water. It's 102 in Coffeyville right now and it's 5:30 PM. I don't think I could get him in the car if I went home to get him to a vet. I'm in a dilemma. Bob A. will let me know if he continues to suffer and I may go home to let him in for awhile. The trouble is...I don't know what I would do. He's too old and feeble and big and deaf for me get him in the car to take to a vet or a kennel.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Maybe uncle Bob can stay at the house instead of his

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.