Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Housecleaning Tuesday

I will go to Leslie's today and clean her house. It has been two weeks since the last time I did it and now I have a product that will clean John's shower door. I have never been able to get those water spots off but this new product does that. I tested it on my own shower door.

Maybe Leslie will be free for lunch afterward. I'll check that out later.

I will need to wash my hair tonight since I work tomorrow. Yesterday when I was mowing and the gentle rain started, my hair kinked up in a mess.

I was having trouble sleeping last night. My knees hurt. The up and down in filing is taking it's toll. But I like my job. They keep me busy. I got up about 2:00 and took an Aleve and that finally got me through the night.

I made some cinnamon rolls this morning and ate one with my coffee. I will take the others out to them. John can put them in his lunch if he wants.

I just finished taking Slinky for his walk. And what do you know...he wanted to climb the hill. It's been weeks since he wanted to do that but I let him make that decision. It's the highlight of his day.

More later....

I got Leslie's house cleaned. She had a problem with her mirrors. She had cleaned them with something (I assume Windex) and it left streaks on the mirrors. I assumed she might have had something else on that cloth she used. Anyhow, no matter how much she cleaned them, they still streaked. I poured half vinegar and half water into a spray bottle and washed them with that and they came clean.

The shower doors came clean too by using Earth Brite.

After I finished cleaning, we went to lunch. We had a nice visit. She bought my lunch. That was sweet of her. Tonight I will wash my hair. It looks terrible. It's a combination of yesterday's light rain while I was mowing and sweat from the house cleaning today.


3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

and you're not sharing the name of this product that will clean a shower door???? :-)

Margie's Musings said...

For some reason, the post I made here telling about Earth Brite, did not post. Anyhow, that's the name.

John said...

Instead of using this product, why don't you try cleaning the shower door with a solution of two tablespoons pure white vinegar and two cups of water. Pour the mixture into a squirt bottle, so that you can apply the solution easier and clean.
It is a lot better to do the house cleaning chores with natural products.