Monday, August 22, 2011

Labor Monday

I can see that today is going to be a big day. I have been cleaning "at" the house for weeks...a little there and a little here. Today I have decided to give it a good cleaning. I have started with the laminate floors and dusted them really well. Then I washed and waxed the kitchen floor. It's drying now. Next I will vacuum all the rugs and take down all the tables, etc. in the extra bedroom. I need to de-junk this place really bad. I am tentatively planning on having a garage sale in September or October....after the weather cools down. I have a lot of projects for after the weather cools down.

Richard came over yesterday afternoon and looked at the leaning fence. He said we could do the "prop up" way which would be cheaper or he and Jeff could rebuild the fence right. It would be nice to do it right but I simply can't do that. So, I contacted him this morning and he put me on the list. He and Jeff will sink some iron posts in concrete and then straighten the fence and attach it to the taller posts that are set in concrete with metal strips. I don't know when he will get to it because they are so busy.

After that is finished, I will paint the fence. It needs it badly.

I also need to paint the concrete patio with cement paint. It needs it badly too. I hope I have enough Saturdays before winter to get all my projects finished. I still need to finish mulching the flowerbeds, clean out the shed and the garage and paint the trim on the house. The list continues to grow.

I'd better finish this up and get out the vacuum cleaner.

Whew!

Well, I got the house cleaned...all but the spare bedroom and I'm going to do that now. I stopped long enough to mow awhile. It began to look like rain. Right in the middle of mowing the back yard it began to sprinkle so I finished the fenced in back and came in. If it rains more, it may be tomorrow afternoon before I can get the front and the rest of the back beyond the fence. And I'll have to trim when I can.

Darn!

I did get the front yard mowed when the rain stopped and it dried out. Then I mowed beyond my fence too. Now all I have to do is trim and since I trimmed last time I mowed, it really doesn't have to be done. I cleaned the house real well today too.

Tomorrow I will clean for my daughter.

5 comments:

Betty said...

I thought my friend, M.E. had a lot of energy, but you just leave her in the shade. Don't you ever just have a lazy day?

Balisha said...

Hi Margie..You and Ernestine and I seem to be in the same mood at this time of year. It will be so nice, when it cools off and we can get all we want done...That fence remedy sounds like a good one to me. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks girls. I do have a lot of energy when it cools down some and it's only 80 degrees this evening. It was in the 70's most of the day.

I hope the fence deal works out o.k.

ChuckFu said...

Mom, you could ask leslie if John could bring over that water filter system, they have stored for me and sale it leslie can have half and you the other half

Margie's Musings said...

Keith, we do not have hard water here so it would be almost impossible to sell here in Kansas.

But thanks anyhow for the suggestion.