Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Busy Sunday

Today I had church. I presided and Leslie spoke. We had a nice crowd. Afterward, eleven of us went to eat lunch together at Hong Kong Delight. I am not wild about Chinese food but wanted to go with the group so I went along.

After that, I did my usual Sunday letters. Then at 5:45 I picked up Gary to go to Lively's for Living the Questions group. Jack had fixed some excellent chili. The rest of us brought other stuff to go with it. Then we watched segment six of the Living the Questions DVD and discussed what we watched.

We had some great fellowship. Once again Howard brought up the suggestion that we begin to meet at the library. He wanted me to lead that group. I told Howard I did not intend to go to the library. I like the intimacy of meeting in the homes. Howard also brought up the idea again of having a service project. He calls it a mission. My church group has several missions...more than enough to keep me busy and Bobby and Karan who attend my church also have their hands full. I told Howard that. I have no problem with those that want to do those things doing them. I just cannot participate. I have my hands/life full. All Howard has going is PINCH and his men's Bible study.

There were twelve of us this evening. That's almost too many for a small group. Eight is ideal. Two of our number did not make it tonight. I did not send out a reminder so that may be why.

We will meet again in two weeks and once again we will have dinner before we watch the DVD and have our discussion.

I took Gary home and then came home to take my bath, feed Slinky and do this blog.

About ten, I will go to bed.

No comments: