Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday and Work Again

Today I go to work again. Afterward I will go to the bank to get some cash and get my hair done and on the way back from Independence, will stop at the church and call Dane Warner so he can walk me through a procedure that may fix our sound system. I believe some have been turning the system on and off in the wrong order. Ace Sound took a photo of the way the sound board should look and also made a label to explain the order in which the board components should be turned off and on.

The sound system works all right but the lights on the board don't stay on. The phantom light and thse on either side of the phantom light stay on but the lights that indicate the level of sound do not. They come on then immediately go off. Still we have sound. I also want to talk to Dane about a better mike.

I couldn't find anything to watch on TV last night. I did not watch Frontline on PBS because their story was about the government's handling of illegal immigration.

I have some opinions on that subject. First of all, if the government didn't tolerate businesses hiring illegals, they wouldn't have jobs and wouldn't come to the US. Secondly, the jobs they do..working in meat plants slaughtering and cutting up the meat of animals, roofing, and all kinds of really hard work, will not be filled with Americans because Americans do not want to work that hard. So that's the dilimma.

No comments: