Monday, October 17, 2011

Really Busy Monday

I was up and around early as usual. I fed the animals and baked my two cakes and after they were cooled, I frosted them. Then I went out on my job search. I almost filled my page. I still have one blank. I will get it later this week. Then I'll send it in.

About 1:00 I went out to see Phyllis. That was a good move. She was a lot more alert. I visited about thirty minutes although I understood none of what she was saying. She was at least alert. I saw Denise when I was arriving. She was in a good mood and visited awhile with me. I also saw Gerry while I was there. Gerry has been having headaches and is feeling a little better today. Barbara, her daughter-in-law, came while I was there and so I left so they could visit.

Then I came home and visited on the phone to round up the cakes for tomorrow. Phyllis F. brought hers right after lunch at 2:00. Bobby brought Karan's about 5:45. Now I have them all. I will leave about 10:45 to get them in Independence by 11:00 or so. Then I have my MC3 meeting at 11:45. When I get home from that, I will write my minutes. That should take care of the afternoon.

Then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings I will work. That job search sheet will go in after I get the last resume's out.

I stopped at a realtor's office and discussed the possiblity of selling my house. She said if I did that and took out the equity, my rent might not qualify for low income rental housing. It seems they count your savings and not just your income. She suggested that I might buy another smaller house instead. There is a house on Parkway that might work for me. It's brick, small and cheap. She says it would need some work. The heating and air has gone out in it. So it would need at least heating and air. She says the owner was a smoker and it would need some fumigating and updating. It does have a garage and also a carport. It's something to mull over. There another one for sale at the other end of this block on Catalina. It too is smaller. I may have her show me both of them so I can put them out of my mind. She thinks I may be able to get $75,000 for this house of mine.

Tonight, if there's anything on, I'll watch TV tonight.

No comments: