Friday, January 6, 2012

The Ongoing Saga With Slinky

I had this post all finished but for some reason, it did not save. How disgusting!

I had Slinky in the house for awhile last night but he kept barking to go out so I just let him out on the patio to sleep on the chaise lounge for the night. He barked for awhile and finally decided he wasn't going to get back in so he went to sleep. I'll bet the neighbors hate me.

He woke up at 4:00 AM this morning...hungry....and started barking. I ignored him. Then I got up at my regular time at 5:00, made my bed, made up my face, brushed my teeth and dressed before I came into the kitchen to let him in to feed him. He is perfectly happy right now with a full stomach. He had his cup of dog food and most of my oatmeal.

I don't know what I will do with him this winter when it gets cold. We've had a mild winter so far. It was 39 degrees out on the patio last night and is supposed to get up to the high 60's today. Weird weather.

He is 14 this year and has a hard time lying down and getting up. I imagine he has a lot or arthritis and pain. I love the old dog but now that I am working three mornings a week, I don't know what I will do with him except put him in the garage for the morning. But then he would have to go back in the garage if I wanted to go somewhere. I have meetings a few times a month besides my work three mornings a week. It's a quandry. I don't know how long I can continue to lose sleep when he barks off and on all night.

No comments: