Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday Morning

Marilyn called last night to tell me she and Jack are having beans and cornbread tonight and they decided to ask the group over to share it. So I am invited. Isn't that nice? I volunteered to bring an apple crisp for dessert. Bob A. and I saw them down at Owasso yesterday afternoon. Go figure! An hour from home and we run into Marilyn from Coffeyville. She was coming out of Penney's and didn't see us at first even though we were practically right on top of her. I guess when you don't expect to see someone, at first you just don't. When she did see us, she grabbed me and hugged me. Jack was in the car but he saw us and waved anyhow. They are great people. They have been especially supportive of me since Bob died.

So after church I will need to go get some more apples for my apple crisp. I have two but two won't begin to do it.

Slinky spent the night outside on the patio sleeping on the chaise lounge. It was brisk but far from cold and I got a great night's sleep with no interruptions. He is lying here on the floor on his soft pad now. I just finished doctoring his ears with olive oil. He still scratches them. And in cold weather hhis skin dries out and itches too.

It will be interesting to see how many of our folks will be at church this morning. We dismissed services for Christmas. Leslie was on call last night so she may not be there. After all if people are going to fall off the wagon, it will certainly be on New Years Eve.

More later...

We had a pretty good attendence this morning. Even though my daughter was on call and had to go out for several hours last night, she showed up for church. The services were very good and afterward we five went to eat at the new Mexican restaurant. I did my letters in the afternoon and made my apple brown betty for dessert over at Marilyn and Jack's house this evening. I made too much and had quite a bit left over. I left it with Marilyn and Jack. They can divide it up among the other guests.

We played Pictionary for a couple of hours but I was first to leave. I was worried about Slinky and the cold. It is still around 39 degrees but it's supposed to get down to 21 later tonight. I will need to put him in the kitchen later this evening.

No comments: