Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Surprises

I had a phone call yesterday afternoon, right in the middle of working on Bob A.'s taxes. It was from Nancy, the clerk of the district court. She had heard from Amie, the director of the program under which I work at the district clerk's office, the SER Corporation. Our hours have been raised from 12 a week to 28 a week. She realized I couldn't come in that afternoon (Monday) but she wanted me to begin today. I take the cakes to Independence today so it will be afternoon before I can begin. I called Bonnie, my supervisor, and explained how busy my life is and asked her if they were going to have enough work for me to work seven hours a day four days a week. She assured me they did. She said I could arrange my schedule any way I could to work in those hours.

Well, I've already had my day off this week ...yesterday. So I will have to work an extra hour for four days this week to make up for the loss of this morning. I got Carol, my hairdresser, to work me in this morning at 9:30 instead of tomorrow.

Tuesday next week is the church's Valentine banquet and my 9:15 hair appointment on Tuesday so next week my day off will be Tuesday too. I moved the class reunion meeting to Tuesday afternoon and also my doctor's appointment which is presently Monday morning at 9:30 to Tuesday. The doctor wouldn't take me back as a patient unless I went in to see him and wouldn't refill my prescription for Levothyroxin, which I take for my low thyroid unless I came in to see him.

The following week is President's Day on Monday so that will have to be my day off even though that Tuesday is another day we take cakes to Independence so I will take the morning off and make up the four hours lost the rest of the week.

I have nothing scheduled for the last week of the month yet so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I have no idea when I will have the time to job search.

What a predictament. And yet, I can certainly use the money. Maybe I can work it out with that flexibilty.

No comments: