Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

It's Easter and my daughter and Melissa have planned a special service for Easter. I have no idea what it is but I'm sure it will be good.

I have no other plans for today.

There is no newspaper today so while I usually sit here at the kitchen breakfast bar and read the Sunday Paper, if I want one today I'll have to go buy a USA Today or Tulsa World.

I slept later this morning. I got up at 6:00 instead of 5:00. I will fix some oatmeal for my breakfast. I am still slowly losing weight. I don't cook anymore and I have lost fifteen pounds since Bob died almost two years ago. I usually wear a ten but now I am down to an eight.

Everyone have a great Easter today!

My son-in-law came over after church this afternoon and installed my new garbage disposal. I was delighted. I was going to bite the bullet and call a plumber. My daughter said I shouldn't. She said I had only asked them to do one thing for me since Bob died and that was to haul off some limbs Bob A. and I had cut out of the tree in my backyard. So today, after lunch, he and my daughter came over and he installed that new garbage disposal. I was going to have him look at the air filter on my mower too but I didn't have the heart to ask. I also wanted him to dig up a Rose of Sharon that had grown into my peony bed. I didn't have the heart to ask him to do that either. So I did it myself.

Here are some photos before and after.

It is amazing what an old woman can do for herself when she puts her mind to it though. :)

No comments: