Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday For Lunch

My brother-in-law called a minute ago and wants to meet for lunch today. I had not heard from him in a couple of days so we will catch up on the news. It looks like it's going to rain.

In fact, it's supposed to rain in Branson Friday and Saturday too. We will have to take our umbrellas Friday.

I will go to Independence tomorrow morning at 7:00 to get my hair done before work. I will have to leave here at 6:30.

Yesterday Santorum bowed out of the presidential race. He didn't have a chance of getting the nomination anyhow and if by some chance he did get elected, it would be another disaster like Bush II. Neither of them are bright enough to be president. I always thought Cheney was the force behind the Bush presidency.

I need to leave for work so there will be more later on today.

When I got my newspaper this noon, I discovered that my news story about the "Saving Jesus" class had not been published. I called the paper (it is only published twice a week) and told them about it. The class is to be held at the library community room on Sunday evening and is open to the public. Unfortunately, they have no way to know it's being held now so we will have to cancel it. That's the second time that newspaper has dropped the ball for me. I tried to submit a news story announcing the Lenten luncheons last month and that story never made the paper either. Luckily, the ministers had announced it to their congregations so it had good attendance...no thanks to the Journal. I didn't complain for that reason. But this is a different matter. Saturday's paper will be too late.

No comments: